We have photographed weddings in the Edmonton area for over 10 years now. You can only imagine how many weddings we have seen over the years. We would love to share with you our list of 5 mistakes couples make when planning a wedding.
1. Not meeting with your vendors before booking them. Your vendors are the most important people at your wedding because if you choose right your day will go perfectly. If you choose wrong you will regret it for a long time. Take the time to meet with anyone you consider booking for your wedding.
2. Don't invite people you haven't seen in years. This is a big one. If you want to have the wedding of your dreams we suggest limiting the amount of guests you invite. This is the quickest way to trim your wedding budget.
3. Having an open bar. I can honestly tell you that an open bar is always a recipe for disaster. Full drinks left on the table is money out of your pocket. Not too mention how drunk people get when they hear open bar, they think they have to drink as much as they can. Our suggestion is just to have a toonie bar to keep your guests somewhat responsible with their alcohol.
4. Having an open mic. If number #3 is combined with #4 get ready to watch a lot of people leave early from your wedding. Some stories are just meant for you and your close friends. Your poor grandma doesn't need to hear about your vegas stories as told by one of your friends.
5. Hiring a friend or family member instead of a professional. We get it weddings can be very expensive and it's nice to try and save some money any way you can. Do you really want to jeopardize the relationship though? Let them enjoy your day as a guest. It will take the stress off of both of you.